Parts Used: leaves and flowers (aerial parts), seeds are twice as potent as the herb.
Systems Affected: whole body, especially nervous
- Anti-emetic (low doses)
- Emetic (larger doses)
- Strengthens blood vessel action allowing blood to flow freely, health throughout the body.
- Carrier for all other herbs, delivering them quickly and efficiently to area of distress.
- Removes obstructions and congestion throughout the body and blood.
- Cleansing of all body systems.
- General corrector of the whole body, it will know what to do (The Thinking Herb).
- Relaxant and sedative (small doses).
- Asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, and respiratory issue.
- Stop vomiting (2-6 drops tincture).
- Induce vomiting (1 teaspoon tincture).
- Abscesses (administer both internally and externally).
- Appendix attack.
- Blood pressure regulator.
- Cold, flu, fever, and illness of any kind.
- Digestive issues.
- Blood, heart, and circulatory issues.
- Muscle, joint, bone pain and inflammation.
- Diseases of all kinds.
- Infection of any kind.
- Insect bite and stings.
- Convulsions, tremors, spasms, lock jaw, epilepsy, etc.
Methods of Use
- Tincture (lose doses such as 1-3 drops, 2 x day)
- Liniment (apply to temples and spine for pain, aches, and illness).
- Powder, Capsules
- Poultice, Compress
- Syrup, Honey
- Bath (2 Tbsp. per 1 quart of water, steep for 30-60 minutes, strain and pour in bath)
- Enema (blend with catnip)
Care and Harvesting
- Harvest between the end of July through October. Using gloves, cut all aerial parts.
Do not use if pregnant or nursing.