Burns are going to be a part of life, you stayed in the sun too long, touched a hot pan, slid down the carpet stairs - oh wait, that is my five year old, not me. You get the idea, burns are going to happen one way or another so here is a resource list of what you can do to stop the burn and start the healing.
- Flush skin with cold water until pain stops. Keep clean, rinse with lavender water.
- Vitamin E oil
- Raw Potato - slice and apply to burn
- Egg white applied to burn in layers.
- Dr. Christopher burn ointment: equal parts raw honey, comfrey powder, wheat germ oil.
These herbs can be prepared by making a tea and putting in a spray bottle to spray down burn, this is especially effective for a sunburn. You could also use a compress, poultice, oil, salve or bath.
- lavender - in my opinion the best burn remedy
- Roman chamomile
- balsam fir
Disclaimer: The Information contained on this blog is for educational purposes only and as a guideline for your personal use. It is not intended to replace the advice of a licensed healthcare professional. Those who follow these suggestions do so at their own risk.