- 1 tablespoon sage leaf
- 2 teaspoons lavender flowers
- 2 teaspoons rosemary leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 16 oz. raw apple cider vinegar or water (for a tea) or Vodka (for a tincture)
Turn this blend into a delicious vinaigrette, recipe from Mountain Rose Herbs:
1 part four thieves vinegar (above)
1 part olive oil
1/2 part mustard
Add ingredients to a blender or whisk vigorously until well blended.
Essential Oil Blend
- Diffuse throughout the home during cold and flu season.
- Place a few drops in a humidifier and keep in the bedroom of the sick.
- Add about 10 drops to a spray bottle of water and use as a disinfectant. Spray on counter tops, door knobs, in bathrooms and any other place you want to disinfect. I also pour this in a small bottle for my purse and use as hand sanitizer.
- Massage a couple of drops onto the bottoms of the feet and along the spine of the sick. For those dealing with tonsil or ear issues also apply along the throat and glands up to just under the ears. If there is any irritation or discomfort to the skin, massage olive oil or coconut oil over the area you applied the essential oil.
- Add a few drops to 8 oz. water and use as a gargle. I also use this for a daily mouthwash.
- 40 drops clove
- 35 drops lemon
- 20 drops cinnamon bark
- 15 drops eucalyptus
- 10 drops rosemary