Store What You Eat
Create Your Food List
Store It Up
Here are some other tips for getting up to that years worth of food storage.
- Grow a garden and preserve yourself (bottling, dehydrating and freezing)
- No garden? Check out your local farmers market each fall and buy up what you can preserve yourself.
- Check the grocery ads each week and purchase in large increments when your items come on sale.
- Pick up an extra item or so whenever you go grocery shopping to slowly add to your storage.
- Buy in bulk when possible, using group ordering and local businesses that sell in bulk.
- Plan a day this week to sit down with your family and put together your own list of meal favorites.
- In the next week or two put together your ingredient list.
- Start shopping!
- Bonus Challenge: Learn how to grow a garden and preserve your harvest if you haven't quite mastered those skills yet.
Food Storage Seminar on You Tube - Wendy Dewitt
Self Reliance Skills - Preparedness Mama
Traditional Cooking School