- Reduces inflammation in all parts of the body.
- Helps with pain and inflammation in the joints.
- Strengthens bones, joints, ligaments and tissue.
- Easy to digest because it is already broken down, making it easier to absorb nutrients in the body.
- Promotes healthy gut: soothes, heals and restores gut lining, feeds gut bacteria, reduces inflammation.
- Maintains healthy skin due to the collagen present.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Cleanses the digestive and urinary tract.
Fill a pot with bones of choice, including any parts like gizzards, feet, neck, etc. You can also use a whole chicken. Then add:
2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (this helps pull the marrow from the bones where most of the goodies are)
1 large onion
3 stalks celery
4 cloves garlic
1 Tablespoon fresh ground pepper or peppercorns
Any vegetable scraps or herbs. I love to add thyme, oregano, rosemary, and medicinal mushrooms.
Forage through the garden or yard for "weeds" such as dandelion, alfalfa, lambs quarter, plantain, sorrel, etc.