Parts Used: whole plant
Herbal Actions and Properties
- noradrenaline (hormone that reduces bleeding)
- diuretic (increases urine flow)
- demulcent, emollient
- febrifuge (fever reducer)
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids supporting brain and heart health.
- Can lower cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Can help with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Useful for fungal infections such as athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.
- Supports and strengthens the lungs and aids in respiratory conditions, opening airways.
- Aids in digestion, helpful for diarrhea and stomach ache.
- Soothes inflammatory conditions throughout the body, including the gut.
- Urinary tract infections and dysentery.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Earache (use leaf juice).
- Soothes and helps heal bruises, burns, skin conditions and sores (poultice or juice).
- Insect bites and stings (poultice).
- Intestinal worms (ingest crushed seeds).
- Rich in vitamins and minerals.
Methods of Use
- Food: the best way to utilize this plant is to pick it and eat it. The leaves have a citrus taste. Add to salads, stir fry, soup or just pop leaves in your mouth and eat.
- Tea or tincture