- Apple cider vinegar, applied directly to area.
- Apply cucumber slice to area.
- Apply an ice pack, cold cloth, or boo boo bag (anything hot or warm will only aggravate the condition).
- One day I had nothing but peppermint lip balm in my bag when a child was complaining of a mosquito bite, I pulled that out and it worked so well we use it all the time now.
- Bentonite Clay. Mix the dry clay with twice as much water in a glass jar and shake until the water is absorbed, consistency should be like ketchup. Place a thick chunk of gel right on the bite, the clay will draw the toxins right out of the bite and the itching immediately ceases. Leave on until it starts to harden then wash off with warm water then apply one of the following.
No matter how hard you try to prevent bug bites and stings, they will inevitably happen. Here are some of my favorite remedies for soothing the itch and inflammation as a result.
Any of these herbs can be chewed and applied right to the bite or sting.
Hi, I’m Annie, a child of God, Mother of Influence and Master Herbalist. Welcome to my place where I share what I have learned of natural and frugal living, healthy eating and living, gardening, homeschooling, herbal crafting, preparing temporally and spiritually, and love for God and Country.