The next step was coming up with a great scent for our recipes - enter the Orange Cream or Dreamsicle or Orange Creamsicle, whatever you may want to call it, a simple mix of orange and vanilla, giving our products a heavenly scent. This week will be all about our spa basket recipes and today we will start with the bath salts.
Orange Cream Bath Salts
Bath Salt Variations
- Add 1 part dry milk to 2 parts salt mix for a moisturizing bath.
- Add an equal part Redmond Clay for a detox/re-mineralizing effect.
- Customize your bath salts for a specific purpose using essential oils that support what body system you want to be affected. See the essential oil properties page, here.
- I like to use natural coloring for my salts, you can use herb and food powders like spirulina for green, beet powder for pink, and turmeric for yellow. Experiment and see what works.
- Dried herbs are also a fun addition, they not only add texture and color to the salts they also infuse their healing properties into the hot bath water. The only draw back is they float around in the bath water, not a problem for me though.