- Expels worms and parasites.
- Eliminate insects in the home and garden.
- Eliminate viruses and other harmful organisms.
- Cleanse and support the digestive system.
- Improves the body's use of calcium.
- Helps in building strong bones, teeth, joints, ligaments, hair, and nails.
- Detoxifies the body and cleanses the blood.
- Removes heavy metals.
- Cleanses skins, nails and teeth.
How to Use:
- Not all diatomaceous earth is the same. For home and garden use you can purchase at a local nursery, home improvement store, or online. I like to use an old spice container to fill with the powder and sprinkle around the base of plants as well as on the leaves for pest control in the garden (although be careful, it can harm beneficial bugs as well). In the home it can be sprinkled and rubbed into mattresses (for bed bugs and mites), carpets, and other critter areas, then let it sit overnight before vacuuming up.
- For internal use you want to make sure it is labeled "food grade". Mix one teaspoon in a beverage or smoothie. Recommendations say to drink it on an empty stomach or an hour before eating, but to get my son to take it I had to disguise it in his food by sprinkling in his hot cereal for breakfast. I gave him a teaspoon in the morning and one before bed. You can make your own adjustments as you feel needed after that initial one teaspoon dose in the morning.
- Dr. Axe gives a detailed protocol for using as a detox, "Take 10 days on and 10 days off for 90 days to effectively and safely detox. Another strategy is to take it daily for a few weeks at a time as you track symptoms, stopping and starting again throughout the year. It’s safest when you give your body breaks and don’t use it continuously for very long periods of time."
- Add to skin care products such as facial scrubs and toothpaste.
- Adding this to chicken feed can produce healthier chickens, which produce healthier eggs. (see recipe in other resources section)
Herbal Academy Raising Happy, Healthy Chickens (with recipe)
Why and How to Take Diatomaceous Earth (for Pathogen Overgrowth)